All words in red denote a link which when clicked should open up another window.

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Salman Rushdie at the Edinburgh Book Festival


Last month my daughter Charlotte and I attended a talk by Salman Rushdie at the Edinburgh Book Festival. Salman Rushdie, of course, is the author of The Satanic Verses, the book that resulted in a fatwa being issued on him by the then leader of Iran the Ayatollah Khomeini. My favourite book written by Salman Rushdie is Midnight's Children which deservedly won the Booker of Bookers.
I just received an email form the Edinburgh Book Festival organizers that Salman Rushdie's event is now on the Book Festival website: https://www.edbookfest.co.uk/media-gallery/item/salman-rushdie-2013-event
Take the time to listen to this and you will not be disappointed. Salman Rushdie is urbane, erudite and funny. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I did attempt The Satanic Verses many moons ago, but didn't get far, I'm afraid, and allowed that to put me off Rushdie altogether. It really is time I tried again - perhaps Midnight's Children is the way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Satanic Verses is heavy going to say the least and after two attempts I just can't get through it. Midnight's Children is I believe one of his more accessible books.

    ReplyDelete